The inevitable alterations
Eventhough it's not all that long since we got a homepage, various things have changed already, while other things have been added.
To save people who have visited this site before from having to go through all the pages again, here's a quick overview of what has been added when.
- On the 10th of October '97 the GayGames (1-8 August 1998) pages were added as we only seemed to get requests for accommodation during the games, but we were full already.
We removed the pages after the games had ended.
- On the 27th of October the Amsterdam Pages have been added, though they're far from ready as yet. (In fact; they'll probably never be ready!)
- The Showroom was added on November the 16th. It was an attempt to write an imagemap, and it came out rather well. Have a look and see the rooms. The knocking on the door on the frontpage to enter the site was a small step after that.
- By the end of November the guestbook was up and running. On December the 9th we had our first entry, and we hope that many people will leave their URL's here so that it can start acting as a links page by itself.
- The 27th of December is the birthday of the transportation pages.
This is an attempt to inform you about the public transport system and explains a bit of the role of a car in town on the page with information for motorists. Information for cyclists as well as a public transport map are in the planning, but it'll be a while before that will take any shape at all.
- March 14th 1998: The Public Transport Map is a fact. Quite big, though (152KB).
- On the 27th of March '98 Free as a bird? was added, a little info about Amsterdam and drugs.
- Also, the intro-page was changed a little bit. The contents of the site are a bit clearer now.
- On the 30th of May, we added the Stairway to heaven to the showroom. A Little information about our building.
- On June 12th the attempt to explain something about the Amsterdam waterways was a fact.
- We had a busy summer. That's why it took us a while to add a search departement to our links page. At present that's the best we can come up with as we lack the time for anything else...
- November 1998. A new page is finally added to the Amsterdam Project; the Bits and Bops departement with all sorts of trivial info.
- In December we added a temporary X-mas index page, complete with fireworks and all. Plan is to do so every year.
- In March 1999, after a good vacation, we decided to add a chatbox to our site.
It was about time for that.
- In April a few additions were made to the button box on the links page.
- The 9th of May was spent removing dead wood and links that had ceased to link.
- The Frequently Asked Question Departement opened it's doors on the 4th of June.
- June 9th: The Queensday pictures have come in.
- June 18th; we've gone up in the cyberworld and have become hotelprinsenhof.com!
- July 1st was spent installing The Postcard Departement. More photo's will be added in due time.
- And while we were at it, the Chatbox was repaired in the same process.
- The rest of 1999 was spent furnishing the hotel with new carpets, chairs, backboards for the beds etcetera... Updating the site suffered a bit from that, but fortunately the guests didn't. New photographs from the rooms are in the planning.
- It wasn't until the 16th of May 2000 that there was finally time to update the guestbook
- An overview of the garages in our town was added in September 2000.
- Shame on us as it took us a year (September 22 2001) before we added some more midi files to the Postcard Departement.
- In April 2002, almost two years after the event, we launched the page about Sail Amsterdam. Not that we're getting sloppy... we're just busy.
- July 2003. Removed some dead wood, added links to reservation sites and are waiting for the developer in order to add some more photographs.
For now we would like to wish you all the best and hope you will enjoy the site as it is. Suggestions and critisism are always welcome. Please let us know if you spot a mistake, or if links don't work.